Herpes & Genital Herpes Treatment
Today, herpes & genital herpes remain among the most common viral diseases that can significantly impair human health and reduce the quality of his life.
The main symptoms of these viral diseases are blisters and sores, which can appear on the mucous membranes or skin.
- The causative agent of oral herpes is the herpes simplex virus type one (HSV-1) ;
- Genital herpes occurs because of the contamination of the urogenital tract organs with the herpes simplex virus type two (HSV-2).
In the first days after the infection with the herpes virus, no symptoms manifest. Therefore, the absolute majority of people begin to treat herpes & genital herpes already in the chronic stage of the disease.
Oral, injectable or topical medicines which provide antiviral activity can be used, to treat herpes & genital herpes.
One of the best medicines for the treatment of infections, caused by HSV-1 or HSV-2, are Valtrex and Acyclovir cream.
- Valtrex is used for oral herpes therapy.
- Acyclovir cream is intended for a fast relief of itching, discomfort and other symptoms of oral or genital herpes.
Each of these drugs can be used individually. But with frequent relapses and in severe clinical cases they are used for a combined treatment of oral or genital herpes.
- Valtrex and Acyclovir cream may be prescribed for systemic and symptomatic treatment of herpes at home.
- Injectable antiviral drugs (including Zovirax) are usually prescribed to hospitalized patients.
To ensure that treatment of herpes (genital, oral) is short and as effective and safe, as possible, it is important to observe the dosage regimen of all prescribed medications.
A single dose of oral th Valtrex can range from 500 mg to 1g. Depending on the severity and type of infection, the frequency of Valtrex tablets is 1-3 times a day. Acyclovir cream can be used up to 5 times a day for 3-4 days.
With frequent recurrences of herpes, the treatment regimen should be discussed with the doctor from time to time. If the patient has tolerance to the antiviral effects of Acyclovir cream or Valtrex, doctor may prescribe other medicines to prevent and treat labile and genital herpes.
Acyclovir and Valtrex do not cause serious side effects, have virtually no contraindications to use, so they are among the most frequently prescribed medicines for herpes drug therapy at home.